- 2012 marked time in the last 7 years that neither Susy nor I were in school! It was nice to be able to "live life" and not have a dissertation (or other assignment) hanging over our head.
- We made new friendships and got to spend time with some really interesting people that God is using to extend the Kingdom. In April we hung out with Brian "Head" Welch (formerly of KORN), in July it was Sam Childers (aka The Machine Gun Preacher), and in Septemeber we spent time with Scott Rigsby (the first double amputee to complete the Ironman in Kona, Hawaii.
- In June Susy and I were able to revisit the Secrets Silversands in Cancun with our good friends: Rob and Kristi Ferrell, Jeff and Terri Lockhart and Jay and Cindy Brubaker. The trip was great....except for Susy getting hit by a jet ski driven by our GUIDE! After a visit to a Mexican "hospital" and therapy back here in Wilson, she is just about back to 100%.
- In October, Raleigh Road Baptist Church celebrated 25 years of ministry on the same day that Susy and I celebrated 23 years of marriage. It was a FULL weekend.......because
- On October 27, 2012, David married Lindsey Baker at a small ceremony in Mooresville, NC. David met Lindsey after moving to NC and going to work at Harris Teeter. They are living in "friendly" Kenly, NC and are both working and trying to finish school.
- We had the joy of celebrating Thanksgiving back in Illinois with our family. It was the first Thanksgiving that we were able to be together since 2008.
- On December 28 Jessica turned 18! She is playing basketball for Community Christian School and is planning to graduate in May, 2013. We hope the whole family is able to visit to help us celebrate Jessica's milestone!
I pray this little update has been a blessing. It is my intention to do more blogging in 2013 and less commentating on FB. And, I am prayerfully seeking to write and publish two books in 2013. I covet your prayers.
Dr. Rob Pochek